Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Introductions

Welcome, welcome! I'm Jason. This is my 2nd blog attempt (outside of myspace anyway). I used to have another blogger blog, never posted more than about 2 posts. That was like 2 years ago though. Now it's different! I swear....

So I'm 32, live in San Diego, and am a web developer during the day. Currently I am working with a team to build our website www.enspired.com. It's a website for people looking to learn something fun, like how to play the guitar, or dance. We have LOTS of teachers around the US who are looking for students, and they post a lot of instructional videos to our site. You should definitely check it out!

I don't have a whole lot of "free" time in my life right now. Most of it is spent with either my boyfriend, or at work. When I do have time to myself, I usually am on the internet reading Digg, or maybe playing Wii. Sometimes, when it's nice out, I'll go down to the beach.

My main interests in life are music and politics. Both have been major parts of my life since I was a kid. I find national politics to be both completely fascinating, and utterly depressing. But I can't get enough of it. Obama 2008!!

Music is life. There's not a day goes by that music isn't playing in my ears. I am a sound engineer, although not really by trade much anymore. I studied it in school and got degrees in recording arts and music industry. I went on the Vans Warped Tour in 2005 & 2006 as the FOH engineer and stage manager for the Ernie Ball stage. It was a blast!! One of the best experiences of my life. But the music business is changing a lot these days, and there's not a whole lot of money in it. Especially as an engineer. And I didn't want to be on the road for the rest of my life. So now I do web development. Something that I've been doing since about 1997.

Well, that's me in a nut shell. I will try to post more on here as the days and months continue on. So welcome! And I hope you enjoyed reading post #1!

No comments: