Monday, August 25, 2008

work hard and reap the rewards

it was the first full day of the convention. I showed up for work this morning and stayed through two shifts. At the start of the 3td shift, my supervisor pulled me aside and asked me if I wanted to go to the convention I was like hell yes I'd like to go. So he slipped off his credentials and gave them to me. I got on the last bus in to pepsi center

Public seating was on the top level, and by the time I got there all the good seating at the front was filled. But I still got pretty good seats to the side of the stage.

I got to see all the evenings speakers, including Caroline Kennedy and Ted, and Michelle Obama and her brother, who was one of the better speakers of the night. It was amazing. Hearing and watching people like Ted Kennedy speak on TV, you lose a lot of the power and energy of the speech. And you could imagine if you feel a speech someone gave was powerful when you watched it on tv, being there is like 1000% more powerful!

Tonight made my trip worth it, save for one thing. Thursday night. I still need to get a ticket in...

Oh and I did a bit of camera man work tonight for an ET blogger. So you might see a video I shot on the site! Not that it would have my name on it or anything.... :)

No comments: